Monday, 9 June 2008

New addition to my training!

I got my birthday present from my lovely boyfriend Tom this weekend!! A bike! And one that I really wanted - I don't like moutain bikes; I prefer sitting upright. So I got this lovely one pictured here. It's so brill - I was cycling around all weekend.

On Sat I went jogging out near where I live, and it was a really hot, sunny day, and I was supposed to run for two miles, but I only managed about 1. It was really difficult running in the sunshine. Plus I hadn' t really eaten anything and I wasn't really motivated as I just wanted to get back and ride on my new bike! So I got home and cycled to Halfords to buy some elastic bike strap things, to make sure any bags I have on the back stay put.

Then on Sunday I cycled to the common and sat out there relaxing with Tom and my friend Rach and her man Matt. It was lovely! Cycling home was much easier as it was mostly downhill!

So I'm adding cycling to my training to try and build my stamina. As I'm still finding it really difficult to run for any long distance.


I'm going to the gym tonight, but I really can't be bothered. My gym doesn't have air conditioning (I know! It's a rubbish gym), so it's going to be hot as hell there tonight. I might just go, do my running and get out. Plus I'm off to the IOW Festival on Thurs, so won't be doing anything remotely like exercise (apart from lugging all the beer from the car to the campsite - does that count??!!).

Then after the gym tonight I'll go home, have my dinner and watch Prison Break Series 3! Me and Tom managed to get it from Blockbuster (at last!), and it's fantastic!! Soooo exciting!

No comments: