Thursday, 7 August 2008

Oh, we're doing so well....

Righto, no major news to update you on. Other than the fact that myself and Louise are doing very well with our running.

We amended our Common lap this Tuesday - where it used to resemble a figure of 8, with the bottom loop being quite small, we have now cut that out and just do the big main loop at the top (if you see what I mean...).

Anyway, so on Tuesday we did TWO laps of the Common. It was, as usual, very hard. The first half is uphill, so when we came round to doing the second lap, running uphill was very tough. We actually had to stop and walk for a bit, but then carried on running for the second half (which was downhill). We did both laps in just under 40 minutes.

So I got home and measured the lap using that running map thing (link on my link list) and found out that one lap is 2.02 miles!! Which means that two laps are...yep - 4.04 miles!! So I'm really chufffed about how well we did. Taking into account the bit that we walked, I think we probably ran a good 3.5miles. Looking at the map the first mile is the uphill bit and the second mile has a bit of a hill and all the downhill bit. So if you imagine us running two laps - the first and third miles are uphill. So it's really tough - the first mile is always hard because your body is adjusting to the running, and the having the third mile as uphill is really tough too. But hopefully we can keep on at it and do the whole two laps non stop.

In order to be ready for the Great South Run, I really need to be able to run at least 4 laps comfortably. So I'm halfway, and we do push ourselves and progress quite far with each training session. So I'm confident that I'll do well.

We're still running at an average of 6mph which is good. If I ran the whole Great South Run at that point then I'd do it in 1hr 40 minutes!
And my blister is still here!! It heals, then I run and it flares up again, then it heals, run, flare up... evil cycle!!
But apart from that it's all good. I'm quite enjoying it. And now, I don't feel guilty for eating chocolate/wine/various other naughty foods, because I know I'm being all healthy and running lots!

No comments: