Thursday, 24 July 2008

It's been a while...

Apologies for not writing for a while, I've been a bit of a busy bee recently and just haven't had the chance!

So anyway, the running is still going very well.

My running partner, Louise and I are both running round Southampton Common on a regular basis. And we're both quite enjoying it. Each time we add an extra bit onto our lap so that we're constantly going a little bit further each time.

Each of our laps of the common is 2.7 miles. And at the moment we're just managing one full lap. If you look at the map below of the common, the lap is pretty much the same as that, except now we run round the little lake on the straight bit on the right, and we finish where we start up by the paddling pools.

So if I can manage three laps before the Great South Run in October, that'll be about 8 miles. You shouldn't train to run the full lot anyway, as they say you can do the last few miles on adrenaline.

We did one lap last time in 27 minutes, so we're going further each time, but also faster. Although I was about to die - it was really hot on Tuesday as well, which really made it so much harder!

We're going to be training each Tuesday and Fridays in the common. I also need to start going back down the gym. Since I've taken up running outside I've more or less stopped going to the gym, which isn't really good. I need to be running outside about twice a week, and going to the gym twice too.

And that's that really. Nothing particuarly dramatic to report.. it's all going rather well at the moment!!

By the way - my blister is STILL here. It's never going to heal. Each time I run it comes back. But I'm used to it now..it's almost like my little jogging buddy!

No comments: