

Thank you to everyone who voted in the poll as to how quickly I would run the 5km in the Race for Life. I ran it yesterday so the final result is now in.... 32 minutes and 32 seconds. So thank you to everyone who said I'd get carted off in an ambulance!! How wrong were you?!
Myself and my darling little sister Anna ran the whole thing nonstop. And as many of you may know, our lucky number is 32, and by complete coincidence, our finishing time was 32:32. Very strange - I pressed start on my stopwatch when we started and didn't look at it again until I pressed stop as we went through the finish. I couldn't believe it when I saw it! Not only is it our lucky number, but it's a damn good finishing time too!! I honestly thought I'd do it in about 40 minutes, so I was really happy with 32 minutes.
And I don't feel too bad today either. I don't really ache. I think I'm coming down with Tom's cold (sorry, Man Flu) though. My throat is all sore and itchy.
So I'm going to have a day or two off from the training, then will get back to it on Wed probably.

Me and Tom's sister Louise will be running round the common every Sunday morning and Thursday evening. We managed just over 20 minutes last Thurs, so we'll move it up to 25 mins this week. Even though I know I can do 30 minutes now, it was really the crowd spurring me on. I'd rather increase my training slowly but surely.
So overall I really enjoyed running the race. There was a great atmosphere and it was good fun. 10,000 women were racing!! Obviously not all managed to sprint through as quick as me though!!
And thank you again to all that sponsored me. It was all for a very good cause.
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment