Tuesday, 26 August 2008

How much!?!?!


Thanks to my bro's mate Jez who suggested I go and purchase myself some fancy running trainers - that's exactly what I did this weekend. They were £70, but actually I was pretty much willing to spend up to £100. But still, that's way more than I've ever spent on a pair of shoes ever!! I know I'm probably not a normal girl in saying that, but I'm really more of a hand bag girl than a shoe girl...

Anyway, so little sis Anna and I trotted off to Up And Running in Chandlers Ford on Saturday (took us about an hour to find it - and that was with a sat nav!), armed with my old rubbish Reeboks. They made me run on the treadmill and told me that I run like a dainty little woman (in the way that it looks like I'm running along a straight line). They said I need to start running with my legs spread a bit wider (ooh-er missus!). And I need to build up my hip/thigh/bum muscles a bit more - she said pilates would be good for that. Plus my left foot is about half a size bigger than my right (considering my right foot is pretty big in the first place, you can imagine how huge the left one is!), which caused a few problems in getting a good fit. AND my left foot is a bit flat too (it's not holding up well under the weight of being such a large foot!!). So I got some trainers that have a bit more support in the arch of the sole.

And they're pink which is nice too!!

I went for a test run with them on Sunday, and so far so good. Although I say 'so far', I didn't actually go too far!! The carnival was in Southampton Common, so it was full of kids, people with dogs, roller bladers etc.. all rather annoying, so I ran for a couple of miles, and went back home. Back to being busy sitting on the sofa playing my Nintendo DS, which frankly, even with my new snazzy pink trainers, is a lot more enjoyable than running.

That's another problem I'm coming up against now. Now that I can run for more than 10 minutes without wanting to die due to the sheer pain of running, it's now the threat of boredom that's trying to slowly kill me. Seriously - running for 40 + minutes is just dull!! I downloaded a Russell Brand podcast to run with when I was in the gym, which helped a bit, but not much really. I think a nice three mile run for 30 minutes is more than anyone needs to do. It's long enough to be getting a good dose of exercise, but not long enough to make your brain start to shut down! But unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to squish ten miles into 30 minutes....


No comments: