I was on the treadmill for 1 hour ten minutes the other day, completing a total of 6 miles. But I probably only ran 5 of those. My gym has no air con, and I think parts of it must still be on fire, because it is hot, hot, hot! That's the main problem I have - not getting tired or out of breath, which is good. I stop running because I'm sweating so much that I'm in danger of dehydrating and dying! But I checked the weather for Sunday, dry, coldish and cloudy. Perfect!!! So I won't have to cope with overheating hopefully.
Then Sunday I went running in the gym again, and ran solidly for just over 5 miles I think, when my treadmill suddenly stopped. And it wouldn't start again, and there were no other free ones. Which was very irritating because I was actually doing pretty well. However, I don't know whether it's because I stopped so suddenly, or because I've upped my training recently, but my calf muscle on my right leg is really, really sore and tight. But I'm going running again tonight so I'll see how it goes, and then Thursday, then that's it until Sunday!!!!!
I've got some podcasts called PodRunner, which are set at a certain BPM. So the 165bpm one's are at the same pace that I run at. I have two which are an hour each. So I've started listening to them. Although they're not as entertaining as Mika or Girls Aloud, because they're at a constant pace, and at the same pace as I need to be running at, it helps me keep going. So I'll be listening to those while I run round.
So I'm feeling quite upbeat about it at the moment. I'm nervous about it, but although I would really love, love, love to run it all non-stop, I've realised that I might not be able to. So although I will try my very hardest, I've taken some of the pressure off, which means I'll hopefully enjoy it a bit more. I do start to feel a bit sick when I think about it though. But it's just nerves! If I can do it in under 2 hours, I'll be happy.
I got my race position through - there's a wave start - all the fast people (Paula Radcliffe, etc) at the front and slow coaches like me at the back. Each wave (orange, white, green) has 3 sections A, B and C. Guess what I am?? Green C!! The very back of the slowest wave!!! I'll be last to start, and there's a very good chance I could be last to finish!
I also realised that I'll only be updating this blog another few times. I need a new hobby to blog about. I'd like to do something that I actually enjoy this time. As much as I'm very proud about how far I can now run non-stop (at the beginning I couldn't even run for 5 minutes without stopping!), I still actually, really dislike running. It's boring, and painful and just horrible!!! I'm going to carry on doing the gym and a bit of running, but I feel this will probably be the one and only long distance race I ever enter!
So if you have any suggestions for new hobbies, please let me know!
So if you have any suggestions for new hobbies, please let me know!
xxx

1 comment:
Good luck tomorrow!
Post a Comment