Wednesday, 8 October 2008

I'm getting nervous


Or to be more acurate, down right scared! I watched the Great North Run this weekend on TV and it just made me panic!! I feel sick now whenever I think about it.

There are now only 18 days to go. I'm not even going to mention how many miles I can run now because I fear that if I actually admit to how few it is, I'll probably run (walk) away and come back on the 27th, just in time to miss the race!

I also haven't been running in a while (again, I'm not going to say exactly how long ago I went running last), but this is because I have been suffering from a cold. And there's no point making myself even more ill by trying to push myself.
But I am now all healthy (ish) and will start running again from tonight. I'm going to go to the gym and just not get off the treadmill until I've done 6 miles.

And I've found out that Paula (as in Radcliffe) has discovered that I'm running the race and has decided to run it too, just so that she can beat me and gloat. But that's fine - she'll finish it in under an hour I'm sure. I'll be passing the finish line about 40 minutes (hopefully) after that. You'll be able to track all of this on TV because they're showing it on channel Five.

So I should be getting my race number and stuff in the post any time now. I will update you when it arrives!!

Aarrggghh!!!!!

No comments: