Friday, 10 October 2008

Don't Panic Mr Mannering!! Fire Fire Fire!!!

At last!! I have a legitimate excuse as to why I cannot go training.

My last excuses were:

1. Louise didn't have proper trainers, so I needed to wait til she bought those so we could go running again

2. I got a cold, and running would only make it worse

3. It was getting dark in the evenings, and so I needed to go running in the gym again - as opposed to Southampton Common (fyi - Lou didn't buy any new trainers - naughty naughty!).

4. I went to the gym - but it was closed. Why?

MY GYM BURNT DOWN!!!

What a brilliant excuse. Even better - it's true!!

I got there and it was all dark - the car park was empty. Which was pretty suss. So I after a bit of private eye sleuthing (looking at the signs posted up), it appeared that the gym had suffered a fire, due to 'member error'. Which strikes me as strange. I'm not being funny, but when I'm pumping iron (faking obviously) in the gym, all I have is my water bottle, towel and little old me. Last time I checked, I left the matches, fireworks, cans of petrol etc, at home. So how a 'member' could accidentally burn the place down, I don't know.

Anyway... so I couldn't go running (shame) so I came home and stuffed myself full of marathon fueling foods (like Cherry Coke!). So overall, it was a good training session!

Apparently, this burnt down gym of mine will be reopening this weekend (God knows how long it's been closed for!), so I will attempt to attend and re-start my training from Monday onwards. I am busy this weekend celebrating Nick and Jules wedding, so will be in no fit state to be running!!
Good luck to Nick and Jules (and good luck to me too!! I need more than luck... bring on a miracle!).

Roger roger.

xxx


No comments: