So Tom and I went running round Southampton Common last night. We ran 3.72 miles in 37 minutes - averaging a 10 minutes mile, which is 6 mph. The Forerunner, which is surprisingly comfortable and light to wear, beeped after each mile and also gave me a warning beep to let me know if I was going too fast or too slow (as per my instructions to it before I went out). It is really quite a fab bit of technology. It tracked our laps, so now we can do it all again, but run against ourselves to see how we're improving.
There' also a heart monitor which I've not used yet. It doesn't look too comfortable, but then again, neither did this brick of a watch, but it's actually okay. I think I'd like to check out my heart rate as I run, as sometimes it feels like my heart is about to explode in a dramatic and disgusting fashion, straight out of my chest and onto the grubby common floor, pulsating and throbbing slowly to its death.
I think you can upload your details onto the computer and it'll match where you've run onto a proper map, so I'll do that later on today. There's loads of bits and bobs you can do with it, but I've not had a proper chance to look at them all. The instruction book is rather boggling, so I think I'm just going to have to play about with it.
But overall - verdict is a cool 10/10!

No comments:
Post a Comment