
Well, yesterday, the lovely Tom decided that he was going to join me on one of my runs, to try and keep me motivated, and to make sure I didn't give up to easily (as if I do that!!). So we both put on our running gear and off we went.
We ran over the Itchen Bridge and back. But the Itchen Bridge is probably like a lot of bridges in the world - you have to run up to the middle then downhill to the end, then turn around and do it all again to get back (this picture above doesn't do the steepness of it any justice!!). Running up hill is not something I'd recommend. It was pretty tough. Halfway through I passed a sign saying something like "Desperate? Suicidal? Feel like you can't go on anymore?", I was like 'yep - all the above'. I think it was an advert for the Samaritans, rather than an indicator of a good place to jump. I would have stopped to call them as I was in a desperate state and could have done with a little pep talk, but I don't think Tom would have let me stop and make the call. Meanie.
So that was that. Last week when I said I'd 'found my stride', I must have just been in a temporary jogging zone. I've so not found my stride. I've found more blisters, heartburn and general pain. I'm starting this think I've bitten off more than I can chew! This is the girl who gets out of breath getting out of bed!
Oh well, at least I have a weekend of relaxation, drinking and partying to look forward too (not that it's going to help at all with my training, but I signed up to the IOW Festival way before I lost my mind and decided to sign up to a half marathon).

No comments:
Post a Comment